I am one of four founding editors and the current fiction editor and Editor-In-Chief of the online literary journal, Midway Journal (http://midwayjournal.com/), now entering its fifteenth year of business. I have worked closely with authors such as Michael Martone, Kim Chinquee, Marjorie Maddox, Meg Pokrass, Alina Stefanescu, Meg Tuite, Randall Brown, Jen Knox, and more during my time with Midway.
As Fiction Editor, I select all fiction for publication, edit and review final fiction proofs before publication, communicate with all contributing fiction authors concerning status of work, develop and maintain accurate annual publishing schedule with all genre editors, manage assistant fiction editor and fiction readers reading selections and reviewing votes, promote authors for writing awards such as Best of the Net, Best Small Fictions Anthology, and the Pushcart Prize, and promote authors using a variety of social media platforms, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
As Editor-In-Chief, I maintain open dialogue with all editors over content, overall appearance and functionality of Web site, maintain open dialogue with Web support team over functionality, content, and overall design of the Web site, manage money, marketing, publication, and publicity transactions, secure judges (with national reputations—e.g. C. Dale Young, Dorianne Laux, Michael Martone, E.J. Koh) for the annual flash prose and poetry contest, and work closely with schools in the greater Twin Cities area and around the country securing internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in creative writing and career opportunities in editing and publishing.
Beyond my editing experience with Midway, I have worked with numerous authors in a wide variety of capacities (including full critique, developmental/line editing, and proofreading services) on a wide variety of projects from complete poetry manuscripts, to novels and fiction chapbooks, to single poems and essays, to resumes and artist statements.
- Meg Hurley, Poetry: Contest Submission (2021)
- Sami Mahroum, Poetry Chapbook (2021)
- Sam Moodie, Poetry Manusscript (2020-2021)
- Monica Wang, Fiction Chapbook (2020)
- Christina Nall, Meditation Cards, The Journey within, Asana Intention Cards (2020)
- Helen Singh-Miller, Review for Boston Art Review (2019)
- Naila Moreira, Poetry Manuscript (2019)
- Lisa Preston-Hsu, Poetry and Nonfiction Manuscript (2018)
- Christina Vasquez, Novel (2013-2014)
- Ariel Freiberg, Artist Statement (2011)
- Voila Luz, Business Mission Statement and Artist Statement (2007)
- Shelly Mosman Photography, Artist Statement (2007)
Additional/Academic Editorial Activities
- Co-Faculty Editor of Globe University/MSB intra-campus literary journal, The Creative Quill (2005-2008)
- Editorial Staff, Water~Stone, Hamline University (2002)
- Sports Editor, The Student, Knox College (1992-93)
Please contact me with any editing inquiries (including rates) at email@example.com or at 763-516-7463.